It’s Day 2 of my indefinite hunger strike to demand the repeal of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Conservatives’ draconian Safe Streets and Communities Act (Bill C-10). I started the peaceful protest at 12:01am on Wednesday, March 14.
I’m doing great. My spirits are high. I’m getting the maximum support I expected from most of my close friends.
- Received positive coverage from Metro Ottawa
- Had three interviews with the local media
- Held conversation with colleagues and friends who are hammering out plans for support including: regular visits, medical attention, etc.
- Attended and spoke at the Ottawa International Day Against Police Violence Vigil
- Met with a colleague from the Occupy Ottawa media team
- Read a chapter 9 of the Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King
- New friendships made
- Music, music, music!