In Ottawa, An Evening with David Suzuki and Jeff Rubin: The ECO Tour
The Eco Tour comes to Ottawa! Join award-winning geneticist and broadcaster David Suzuki and award-winning, bestselling author and economist Jeff Rubin for an evening of discussion of how to create a truly sustainable future.
The finer details:
- What: An Evening with David Suzuki and Jeff Rubin: The ECO Tour
- Where: Centretown United Church, 507 Bank Street (Bank & Argyle), Ottawa (Google Maps)
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013. 7PM
- Moderator: Robyn Bresnahan, host of Ottawa Morning on CBC Radio One, 91.5 FM.
- Tickets: $15 and can be purchased purchased from both Octopus Books locations (251 Bank Street, 2nd Floor and 116 Third Avenue). They’re also available for purchase online at www.octopusbooks.ca.
- Presented in partnership with Random House of Canada, Greystone Books and Centretown United Church.
Suzuki and Rubin share a belief that a sustainable future can only be found at the intersection of ecology and economics. Let’s build that meeting place.
David Suzuki is familiar to audiences around the world as host of CBC TV’s long-running series, The Nature of Things. He has authored 52 books, including Everything Under The Sun and The Sacred Balance, and is widely recognized as a world leader in sustainable ecology. Dr. Suzuki has received numerous awards for his work, including a UNESCO prize for science, a United Nations Environment Program medal, and is a Companion of the Order of Canada.
Jeff Rubin is the author of The End Of Growth, a number one national bestseller. He’s also the author of Why Your World Is About To Get A Whole Lot Smaller, also a number one national bestseller and the Canadian Business Book of the Year. Rubin was the Chief Economist and Chief Strategist at CIBC World Markets, where he worked for over twenty years. He was one of the first economists to accurately predict soaring oil prices back in 2000 and is one of the world’s most sought-after energy experts.
The Canadian Progressive recommends:
- Harper Government must heed environment commissioner’s warnings: David Suzuki
- 2012 Fall Report of the Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development
- Ethical Oil Orders Canada Revenue Agency to Investigate the David Suzuki Foundation
Latest posts by Nehanda 1896 (see all)
- Maude Barlow: Five questions for Justin Trudeau, a year later - November 20, 2014
- 5 people who used extreme empathy to change the world - November 20, 2014
- With omnibus Bill C-43, Conservative government going after most vulnerable yet again - November 18, 2014
- Twelve national medical associations join call for Conservative government to drop reckless appeal of refugee health ruling - October 21, 2014