NDP MP Niki Ashton: “New Canadian Wheat Board ad symbolizes the Conservative agenda”
Tell your friends to pull offensive CWB ad: Ashton calls on Ritz to act
by Niki Ashton MP (Press Release) | Feb. 6, 2013:
The ad titled Still on the Fence?, is meant to encourage farmers to sign up for the board’s winter pool to sell their grain.
“Mr. Speaker, after the government dismantled the farmer owned and operated Canadian Wheat Board the minister appointed unelected directors to re-brand the institution. It has not been a success. So much so that they are reverting to 50s pin-up ads to sell wheat,” said Ashton.
Ashton added, “The new CWB ad symbolizes the Conservative agenda, setting farmers and women decades back. The question is, since the minister appoints the directors to run the show, will he tell his buddies to take the ad down, or is this how he really sees Western Canadian men and women?”
The Canadian Progressive recommends:
- With new NDP shadow cabinet, Mulcair plots Harper’s 2015 defeat
- Budget Bill C-38: Canadian MPs, Citizens, Tweet Their Frustrations
- David Suzuki: Let’s not sacrifice freedom out of fear - March 5, 2015
- RCMP stonewalled requests for subscriber data collected - March 3, 2015
- Open letter to RCMP commissioner Bob Paulson on climate change and national security - February 23, 2015
- How the people can stop the tide of police militarization - February 10, 2015
- David Suzuki: Digging out of Canada’s mining dilemma - January 19, 2015
- Anonymous Targets Montreal Police For Attacking The Homeless - January 16, 2015
- David Suzuki: Energy shift requires shift in conversation - January 10, 2015