NDP MP Niki Ashton: “New Canadian Wheat Board ad symbolizes the Conservative agenda”
Tell your friends to pull offensive CWB ad: Ashton calls on Ritz to act
by Niki Ashton MP (Press Release) | Feb. 6, 2013:
The ad titled Still on the Fence?, is meant to encourage farmers to sign up for the board’s winter pool to sell their grain.
“Mr. Speaker, after the government dismantled the farmer owned and operated Canadian Wheat Board the minister appointed unelected directors to re-brand the institution. It has not been a success. So much so that they are reverting to 50s pin-up ads to sell wheat,” said Ashton.
Ashton added, “The new CWB ad symbolizes the Conservative agenda, setting farmers and women decades back. The question is, since the minister appoints the directors to run the show, will he tell his buddies to take the ad down, or is this how he really sees Western Canadian men and women?”
The Canadian Progressive recommends:
- With new NDP shadow cabinet, Mulcair plots Harper’s 2015 defeat
- Budget Bill C-38: Canadian MPs, Citizens, Tweet Their Frustrations
Latest posts by Guest Blog (see all)
- Unpacking the undemocratic Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership - June 27, 2014
- Northern Gateway approved: Open letter from David Suzuki - June 21, 2014
- Maude Barlow: “A life of activism gives hope, energy and direction” - June 19, 2014