by Guest Blogger | Jan. 28, 2013
In the era of dictatorial Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his right-wing Conservatives, global mining and tar sands oil drive Canadian foreign policy. Canadian author, activist and political commentator, Yves Engler, argues that Harper’s right wing foreign policy protects interests of big oil and mining at home and abroad. He speaks with Paul Jay, The Real News Network‘s senior editor.
- The Ugly Canadian: Harper Policy in Latin America (VIDEO)
- Canada-Benin FIPA: Stephen Harper’s new scramble for Africa’s wealth
- The Ugly Canadian in the Canada-Israel relationship (VIDEO)
- Harper’s CNOOC/Nexen deal pushes Canada closer to becoming a China-dominated petro-state
- Montreal-based mining company accused of human rights abuses in Congo; families take case to Supreme Court