Adbusters’ project to “take down Harper”: #SwaggerNoMore
by Adbusters | Jan 17, 2013
“The time has come for all of us to get involved.”
He ditched the Kyoto Protocol, voted against Palestine, violated human rights, passed unconstitutional laws, changed the Indian Act illegally, passed several sneaky and sinister omnibus bills . . . he continues to destroy everything in the way of Alberta’s Tar Sands (the most environmentally destructive project on the planet), forsaking the health of the land, air, the lakes, rivers and streams, the lives of animals and humans, all for the sake of the “economy” . . .
Ladies and Gentlemen, Canada’s Prime Minister, Prime Minister, Stephen Harper.
The voices united in Idle No More are rising up to defend treaty rights, the earth and indigenous sovereignty from Harper’s threats. And they are doing so respectfully and peacefully, without recourse to violence.
As for the rest of us, we must launch a second branch to this movement, a more aggressive line of defense with a single aim under the banner “#Swaggernomore” . . . take down Harper. He is the one political force standing in the way of a sane, sustainable future – for Canada, and in some respects, for the whole world.
Look around. Idle No More is tripping up Harper’s cocky swagger. The hour is ripe . . . Harper, your time is up.
Do your part: download this poster, print it, and plaster it in offices, campuses, windows, notice boards, car windshields and on the streets all across the country.
- Harper’s CNOOC/Nexen deal pushes Canada closer to becoming a China-dominated petro-state
- Jewish human rights group condemns Harper government’s UN vote on Palestine
- Canada’s Human Rights Reputation is Fast Becoming a Myth
- In Ottawa, thousands of #IdleNoMore and allied protesters demand real change
- What Chief Spence’s Hunger Strike Says About Canada
- Chief Theresa Spence’s Heroism Already Eclipses Nelson Mandela’s
- Harper government bills that enraged First Nations, Theresa Spence, and birthed #IdleNoMore
- Canada’s First Nations leaders confront Harper Gvt on Parliament Hill
Latest posts by Guest Blog (see all)
- David Suzuki: Eating less meat will reduce Earth’s heat - May 20, 2016
- David Suzuki: Divest from damage and invest in a healthier future - May 8, 2016
- Whistleblowers and leak activists face powerful elites in struggle to control information - April 9, 2016
- Michael Geist: Why Journalism is not Dying in the Digital Age - February 27, 2016