Line 9: The Tar Sands Come to Ontario (VIDEO)
A must-watch video. Line 9: The tar sands come to Ontario, expanding the Alberta tar sands operations, which are ravaging First Nations communities, traditional lands, resources and Treaty rights.
Video available on Vimeo
- First Nation: Bill C-45 allows tar sands industry to destroy vital waterways and treaty rights
- Harper’s CNOOC/Nexen deal pushes Canada closer to becoming a China-dominated petro-state
- Forest Ethics: Canada’s Tar Sands 71% Foreign-owned
- Enbridge cross-examination focuses on campaigning, lobbying; ignores evidence
- Enbridge Inc Rebuked: “This is not an Enbridge animation” (VIDEO)
- Major Canadian Unions Endorse Mass Sit-in Against Tar Sands Pipelines and Tankers
- Harper Conservatives and Big Oil turning Canada into a “petro-state”
- Naomi Klein Debunks “Ethical Oil” Fiction
- AUDIO: On “A Sense of Justice”, disecting Enbridge and the Canadian tar sands
Recommended for you:
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher and editor
Obert Madondo is an Ottawa-based independent journalist and progressive political blogger. He's the publisher and editor of The Canadian Progressive.
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- 10 members of President’s Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders resign in protest of Trump’s anti-immigrant policies - February 16, 2017
- Joint Statement from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and President Donald Trump - February 13, 2017
- Harvard Law School Director Deborah Anker’s Letter To Justin Trudeau Addresses Impact Of Trump’s Executive Orders On Asylum Seekers - February 12, 2017
- Canadians expect Trudeau to stand up to Donald Trump: Poll - February 8, 2017