Dear British Crown: honour Canada-First Nations treaties, revoke Bill C-45, and immediately fire Prime Minister Harper and Governor General Johnston:
Please sign the PETITION: British Crown Must Honour Canada-First Nations Treaties, Revoke Bill C-45 now!
On the 28th January 2013, just 6 hours before the Canadian Parliament resumes in Ottawa, one of the four founding women of#idlenomore will present this petition to the Crown in London, United Kingdom.
This petition calls on the British Crown to honour the treaties it signed with the sovereign First Nations by revoking ‘royal assent’ for the 8 illegitimate treaty destruction bills. The British Crown should also consider immediately sacking the Prime Minister and Governor General.
These omnibus bills undermine sovereign treaties. Such actions are very difficult to not to be considered acts of aggression. If they are given royal assent by the Crown’s representative, this colonial, unilateral and paternalistic legislation would open the way for a handful of multinational-corporations in the oil, nuclear and gas industries to tear up First Nations rights and land for their profit. Such destruction will effect us all.
Brothers and sisters across the world please join us in insisting the British Crown honours its treaties by refusing the 8 illegitimate treaty destruction bills.
Sign this petition, also, to send a message of solidarity to all indigenous peoples in their struggles with ongoing colonialism.
- Chief Spence says Harper government has encouraged “segregation”
- Idle No More Movement’s Manifesto
- What Chief Spence’s Hunger Strike Says About Canada
- Idle No More dance and speeches on Parliament Hill (VIDEO)
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- Harper Conservatives Label Trudeau, Mulcair “Biggest Threat” - August 31, 2014
- Public Inquiry: Harper, Police Chiefs Don’t Care About Aboriginal Women - August 27, 2014
- Conservative Sen. Boisvenu told to apologize for banging staffer - August 26, 2014