Is hunger striker Chief Theresa Spence, who entered Day 20 of her peaceful protest today, your 2012 newsmaker of the year? Is it the Idle No More movement? The Quebec student movement? Beleaguered Toronto Mayor Rob Ford? Is it Kevin Page, Canada’s fearless gallant Parliamentary Budget Officer, who showed uncommon courage recently when he took the Harper government to court seeking accountability and transparency over the $5.2 billion in fiscal savings outlined in the 2012 federal budget?
- What Chief Spence’s Hunger Strike Says About Canada
- Amnesty International Urges Harper to meet with hunger striker Chief Spence
- Idle No More Movement’s Manifesto
Latest posts by Nehanda 1896 (see all)
- Missing and murdered aboriginal women a black eye on Canada - September 2, 2014
- Occupy Movement Gets Its Own TV Station - August 30, 2014
- Privacy Tools: How to Block Online Tracking - August 30, 2014