In this exclusive interview with the CBC’s Chris Rands, hunger striker Chief Theresa Spence explains her peaceful protest. Chief Spence started her hunger strike here in Ottawa on December 11. She’s demanded an immediate meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and a representative of the Crown to discuss the treaty relationship between First Nations and Canada.
- What Chief Spence’s Hunger Strike Says About Canada
- As Theresa Spence’s hunger strike enters second week, National Chief Atleo calls for urgent meeting with Harper
- National labor union urges Harper to meet with hunger striking Chief Theresa Spence
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- Public Inquiry: Harper, Police Chiefs Don’t Care About Aboriginal Women - August 27, 2014
- Conservative Sen. Boisvenu told to apologize for banging staffer - August 26, 2014
- Gazonto: Imagining Toronto Being Bombed Like Gaza (Video) - August 25, 2014