Chief Theresa Spence speaks on first day of her hunger strike (VIDEO)
Maggie Padlewska of One Year One World interviews Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence on Victoria Island on December 11, 2012, during the first day of her hunger protest against the Harper government’s continuing abuse of First Nations. Chief Spence is demanding a meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and a representative of the Queen. She’s demanding that the government and Crown honour treaty agreements between Canada and First Nations. She says the treaties exploit, control and marginalize her people.
My apologies I couldn’t embed the video. To watch the video, please go to Vimeo.
- National labor union urges Harper to meet with hunger striking Chief Theresa Spence
- Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence Protests Harper With Hunger Strike
- Sandra Bland to be honoured with a candlelight vigil in Ottawa - July 31, 2015
- WikiLeaks reveals CBC and Canada Post may be sold under TPP agreement - July 30, 2015
- Anonymous threatens to reveal “real reason” John Baird jumped the Conservatives’ sinking ship - July 29, 2015
- Anonymous “now privy to many of Stephen Harper’s most cherished secrets” - July 28, 2015
- Trudeau rebuked as Conservative defector Eve Adams loses Liberal nomination bid - July 27, 2015
- Harper’s draconian cuts making the Canadian public service bleed [VIDEO] - July 23, 2015
- Rights Groups Launch Charter Challenge Against Harper’s Bill C-51 - July 22, 2015