Maggie Padlewska of One Year One World interviews Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence on Victoria Island on December 11, 2012, during the first day of her hunger protest against the Harper government’s continuing abuse of First Nations. Chief Spence is demanding a meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and a representative of the Queen. She’s demanding that the government and Crown honour treaty agreements between Canada and First Nations. She says the treaties exploit, control and marginalize her people.
My apologies I couldn’t embed the video. To watch the video, please go to Vimeo.
- National labor union urges Harper to meet with hunger striking Chief Theresa Spence
- Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence Protests Harper With Hunger Strike
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- Nova Scotia is not ready for fracking - September 1, 2014
- Jon Stewart repudiates accusations of being a “self-hating Jew” - September 1, 2014
- Harper Conservatives Label Trudeau, Mulcair “Biggest Threat” - August 31, 2014