Chief Theresa Spence speaks on first day of her hunger strike (VIDEO)
Maggie Padlewska of One Year One World interviews Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence on Victoria Island on December 11, 2012, during the first day of her hunger protest against the Harper government’s continuing abuse of First Nations. Chief Spence is demanding a meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and a representative of the Queen. She’s demanding that the government and Crown honour treaty agreements between Canada and First Nations. She says the treaties exploit, control and marginalize her people.
My apologies I couldn’t embed the video. To watch the video, please go to Vimeo.
- National labor union urges Harper to meet with hunger striking Chief Theresa Spence
- Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence Protests Harper With Hunger Strike
- Harper’s the muzzling of Canada’s federal scientists assailed - May 21, 2015
- Harper must clarify ‘zero tolerance’ for Israel boycotters: Church - May 20, 2015
- Federal NDP ahead of Conservatives and Liberals in new poll - May 14, 2015
- Harper’s effort to criminalize legitimate Canadian criticism of Israel is diabolical - May 13, 2015
- Prospect of NDP government in Alberta terrifies Harper Conservatives - May 5, 2015
- Wasteful taxpayer-funded propaganda must stop, Harper told - April 29, 2015
- Shit Harper Did gives Conservatives taste of toxic debris from Vancouver oil spill [VIDEO] - April 24, 2015