Chief Theresa Spence speaks on first day of her hunger strike (VIDEO)
Maggie Padlewska of One Year One World interviews Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence on Victoria Island on December 11, 2012, during the first day of her hunger protest against the Harper government’s continuing abuse of First Nations. Chief Spence is demanding a meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and a representative of the Queen. She’s demanding that the government and Crown honour treaty agreements between Canada and First Nations. She says the treaties exploit, control and marginalize her people.
My apologies I couldn’t embed the video. To watch the video, please go to Vimeo.
- National labor union urges Harper to meet with hunger striking Chief Theresa Spence
- Attawapiskat First Nations Chief Theresa Spence Protests Harper With Hunger Strike
Recommended for you:
- Conservative MP Tom Lukiwski called female candidate an “NDP whore” - November 20, 2015
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Leaders Statement - November 19, 2015
- Charlie Sheen reveals he’s HIV-positive: “I accept this condition” - November 17, 2015
- John Oliver Rants Against Paris Attackers: “Fuck These Assholes” - November 16, 2015
- 100 groups urge Trudeau to halt Canada’s “broken” tar sands pipeline approval process - November 14, 2015
- Federal Court judge said sex assault complainant “allowed the sex to happen” - November 10, 2015
- BREAKING: Barack Obama Rejects Keystone XL Pipeline - November 6, 2015