Ontario students to walkout in support of teachers’ Bill 115 protest (VIDEO)
Please share this video and make our voices heard! We have the power to make a difference in our education! On Monday, December 10th, 2012 at 10:00 am, we are walking out from our school.
We are not walking out on our teachers, we are walking out to support out teachers.
We are walking out to protest Bill 115.
Bill 115, otherwise known as the “Putting Students First Act” strips all educational workers of their charter right to freely negotiate a collective agreement with their employer. Among many other things, it gives the Ontario government the power to end a strike or lockout without debating the issue in the provincial legislature.
We are walking out as a way to make our voice and opinions hear.
It’s important to know and understand we are NOT walking out to protest extra curricular’s, we are walking out to protest Bill 115. If Bill 115 is repealed, our hope is to see our teachers come back to us and our extra curricular’s.
So PLEASE join us on Monday, December 10th at 10:00am and walk out of your class to support your teachers! We are encouraging students from all high schools in ontario to follow along and show that at 10am, we are standing up for what is right.
Make signs, wear black, share this video and make our voices heard!
Learn more about Bill 115 from:
- Conservatives nuke motion seeking end to violence against women in Canada - May 27, 2015
- NEB’s Energy East pipeline review must be suspended: Groups - May 26, 2015
- Harper’s the muzzling of Canada’s federal scientists assailed - May 21, 2015
- Harper must clarify ‘zero tolerance’ for Israel boycotters: Church - May 20, 2015
- Federal NDP ahead of Conservatives and Liberals in new poll - May 14, 2015
- Harper’s effort to criminalize legitimate Canadian criticism of Israel is diabolical - May 13, 2015
- Prospect of NDP government in Alberta terrifies Harper Conservatives - May 5, 2015