Ontario students to walkout in support of teachers’ Bill 115 protest (VIDEO)
Please share this video and make our voices heard! We have the power to make a difference in our education! On Monday, December 10th, 2012 at 10:00 am, we are walking out from our school.
We are not walking out on our teachers, we are walking out to support out teachers.
We are walking out to protest Bill 115.
Bill 115, otherwise known as the “Putting Students First Act” strips all educational workers of their charter right to freely negotiate a collective agreement with their employer. Among many other things, it gives the Ontario government the power to end a strike or lockout without debating the issue in the provincial legislature.
We are walking out as a way to make our voice and opinions hear.
It’s important to know and understand we are NOT walking out to protest extra curricular’s, we are walking out to protest Bill 115. If Bill 115 is repealed, our hope is to see our teachers come back to us and our extra curricular’s.
So PLEASE join us on Monday, December 10th at 10:00am and walk out of your class to support your teachers! We are encouraging students from all high schools in ontario to follow along and show that at 10am, we are standing up for what is right.
Make signs, wear black, share this video and make our voices heard!
Learn more about Bill 115 from:
Recommended for you:
- Energy East: “Treaty and Aboriginal rights must be respected” - August 30, 2015
- RCMP planning mass arrests of indigenous Unist’ot’en activists under Bill C-51: Reports - August 28, 2015
- Green Party platform criticized for being “anti-feminist” - August 26, 2015
- Jack Layton would be proud of Canadians’ growing hunger for change - August 23, 2015
- Harper’s New Citizenship Act Faces Constitutional Challenge - August 20, 2015
- Energy East pipeline carries more risks than rewards for Ontario, says report - August 19, 2015
- Alberta Man Fined $543 for Displaying ‘Fuck Harper’ Sign on His Car - August 18, 2015