Jason Kenney spent $750,000 spying on Canada’s ethnic minorities
Over the past three years, Conservative minister Jason Kenney’s Department of Citizenship and Immigration blew almost $750,000 in Canadian taxpayers money “monitoring ethnic media”, according to The Canadian Press.
The political daily media monitoring madness assessed ethnic minorities “perceptions” of Kenney and “issues related to the department’s mandate.”
According to the Canadian Press:
But the more than 7,000 pages of documents reveal the media monitoring went well beyond public policy issues related to citizenship and immigration.
It’s unethical. Narcissistic. Low-down. Dirty.
- Old Age Security for 121 seniors this year
- Or the Guaranteed Income Supplement for 127 seniors
- Or the Survivor Allowance for 103 seniors
Kenney, the Conservative MP for Calgary South East, recently posted a petition on his website – jasonkenney.ca – asking Canadians to thank him for introducing draconian cuts to health benefits for refugees through the government’s Bill C-31. He helped the Conservatives wrestle the ethnic vote away from the Liberals during the May 2011 Federal election, especially in immigrant-rich Toronto. Through dirty strategies such as systematic and vicious targeting and micro-targeting of vulnerable ridings. Vulnerable because they’re dominated by gullible and fearful minorities.
More from The Canadian Press.
- Official transcript of Stephen Harper’s remarks launching the 2015 federal election - August 3, 2015
- Sandra Bland to be honoured with a candlelight vigil in Ottawa - July 31, 2015
- WikiLeaks reveals CBC and Canada Post may be sold under TPP agreement - July 30, 2015
- Anonymous threatens to reveal “real reason” John Baird jumped the Conservatives’ sinking ship - July 29, 2015
- Anonymous “now privy to many of Stephen Harper’s most cherished secrets” - July 28, 2015
- Trudeau rebuked as Conservative defector Eve Adams loses Liberal nomination bid - July 27, 2015
- Harper’s draconian cuts making the Canadian public service bleed [VIDEO] - July 23, 2015