Jason Kenney spent $750,000 spying on Canada’s ethnic minorities
Over the past three years, Conservative minister Jason Kenney’s Department of Citizenship and Immigration blew almost $750,000 in Canadian taxpayers money “monitoring ethnic media”, according to The Canadian Press.
The political daily media monitoring madness assessed ethnic minorities “perceptions” of Kenney and “issues related to the department’s mandate.”
According to the Canadian Press:
But the more than 7,000 pages of documents reveal the media monitoring went well beyond public policy issues related to citizenship and immigration.
It’s unethical. Narcissistic. Low-down. Dirty.
- Old Age Security for 121 seniors this year
- Or the Guaranteed Income Supplement for 127 seniors
- Or the Survivor Allowance for 103 seniors
Kenney, the Conservative MP for Calgary South East, recently posted a petition on his website – jasonkenney.ca – asking Canadians to thank him for introducing draconian cuts to health benefits for refugees through the government’s Bill C-31. He helped the Conservatives wrestle the ethnic vote away from the Liberals during the May 2011 Federal election, especially in immigrant-rich Toronto. Through dirty strategies such as systematic and vicious targeting and micro-targeting of vulnerable ridings. Vulnerable because they’re dominated by gullible and fearful minorities.
More from The Canadian Press.
Recommended for you:
- Conservative MP Tom Lukiwski called female candidate an “NDP whore” - November 20, 2015
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Leaders Statement - November 19, 2015
- Charlie Sheen reveals he’s HIV-positive: “I accept this condition” - November 17, 2015
- John Oliver Rants Against Paris Attackers: “Fuck These Assholes” - November 16, 2015
- 100 groups urge Trudeau to halt Canada’s “broken” tar sands pipeline approval process - November 14, 2015
- Federal Court judge said sex assault complainant “allowed the sex to happen” - November 10, 2015
- BREAKING: Barack Obama Rejects Keystone XL Pipeline - November 6, 2015