Anonymous Dumps Wikileaks [VIDEO]
by: Obert Madondo | October 16, 2012
Anonymous announced the unexpected divorce via a tweet, and said the Julian Assange-controlled whistle-blowing website had become a one man “Julian Assange show”.
“The end of an era. We unfollowed @Wikileaks and withdraw our support. It was an awesome idea ruined by Egos. Good Bye.”
The timing of the divorce is interesting.
The U.S. military recently declared both Assange and WikiLeaks enemies of the United States, according to this National Times report. That’s the same legal category as the al-Qaeda terrorist network and the Taliban insurgency.
Assange is currently holed up in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he faces sexual assault allegations.
- U.S. pressuring Bradley Manning to implicate Julian Assange (VIDEO)
- Wikileaks: Stratfor spied on grassroots activists in Canada and US
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- Anti-semitism, racism and other old white supremacist prejudices die hard - October 25, 2017
- Escalating war on net neutrality, Bell Canada wants to block Canadians’ access to pirate websites - September 29, 2017
- Chelsea Manning barred from entering Canada - September 25, 2017
- Archbishop Tutu condemns Aung San Suu Kyi’s silence on Myanmar’s genocidal violence against Rohingya Muslims - September 10, 2017