Anonymous Dumps Wikileaks [VIDEO]
by: Obert Madondo | October 16, 2012
Anonymous announced the unexpected divorce via a tweet, and said the Julian Assange-controlled whistle-blowing website had become a one man “Julian Assange show”.
“The end of an era. We unfollowed @Wikileaks and withdraw our support. It was an awesome idea ruined by Egos. Good Bye.”
The timing of the divorce is interesting.
The U.S. military recently declared both Assange and WikiLeaks enemies of the United States, according to this National Times report. That’s the same legal category as the al-Qaeda terrorist network and the Taliban insurgency.
Assange is currently holed up in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he faces sexual assault allegations.
- U.S. pressuring Bradley Manning to implicate Julian Assange (VIDEO)
- Wikileaks: Stratfor spied on grassroots activists in Canada and US
Recommended for you:
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- Canadian Conservatives still support the TPP, which died after Trump’s withdrawal - April 20, 2017
- New Honorary Canadian Citizen Malala Yousafzai’s Speech To The Parliament Of Canada - April 15, 2017
- Nobel Laureates Assailed Honorary Canadian Citizen Aung San Suu Kyi Over Myanmar’s Persecution Of Rohingya People - April 10, 2017
- Dmitry Medvedev on US airstrikes on Syria: “On the verge of a military clash with Russia” - April 9, 2017