Anonymous Dumps Wikileaks [VIDEO]
by: Obert Madondo | October 16, 2012
Anonymous announced the unexpected divorce via a tweet, and said the Julian Assange-controlled whistle-blowing website had become a one man “Julian Assange show”.
“The end of an era. We unfollowed @Wikileaks and withdraw our support. It was an awesome idea ruined by Egos. Good Bye.”
The timing of the divorce is interesting.
The U.S. military recently declared both Assange and WikiLeaks enemies of the United States, according to this National Times report. That’s the same legal category as the al-Qaeda terrorist network and the Taliban insurgency.
Assange is currently holed up in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he faces sexual assault allegations.
- U.S. pressuring Bradley Manning to implicate Julian Assange (VIDEO)
- Wikileaks: Stratfor spied on grassroots activists in Canada and US
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- NDP demands investigation into allegations of racism, homophobia and Islamophobia at CSIS - July 17, 2017
- Why the July 12 net neutrality day of action in the United States matters - July 12, 2017
- Watch Naomi Klein Explain “How to Resist Trump’s Shock Doctrine” - June 13, 2017
- Edward Snowden defends jailed NSA contractor Reality Winner - June 8, 2017