London Olympics: 12 Athletes With Very Interesting Names
Names have always fascinated me. What do they really mean? Or subtly suggest? If anything. Consider these 12 names carrying the hopes of hundreds of thousands of people around the world at the 2012 London Olympics:
- Kelsey Titmarsh, Canada, Gymnastics
- Karen Cockburn, Canada, Trampoline
- Hope Solo, USA, Soccer
- Sarah Hammer, USA, Cycling
- Destinee Hooker, USA, Volleyball
- Hulk, Brazil, Soccer
- Storm Uru, New Zealand, Rowing
- Liam Tancock, Great Britain, Swimming
- German Sanchez Sanchez, Mexico, Diving
- Amit Kumar Amit Kumar, India, Wrestling
- Dong Dong, People’s Republic of China, Trampoline
- Jack Buttland, Great Britain, Soccer
Did I miss any?
Recommended for you:
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher and editor
Obert Madondo is an Ottawa-based independent journalist and progressive political blogger. He's the publisher and editor of The Canadian Progressive.
Latest posts by Obert Madondo (see all)
- Canadian Conservatives still support the TPP, which died after Trump’s withdrawal - April 20, 2017
- New Honorary Canadian Citizen Malala Yousafzai’s Speech To The Parliament Of Canada - April 15, 2017
- Nobel Laureates Assailed Honorary Canadian Citizen Aung San Suu Kyi Over Myanmar’s Persecution Of Rohingya People - April 10, 2017
- Dmitry Medvedev on US airstrikes on Syria: “On the verge of a military clash with Russia” - April 9, 2017