Obert Madondo’s Crime Bill C-10 Hunger Strike: Open Letter to Parliament of Canada
Yesterday afternoon, I delivered my open letter to the Parliament of Canada.
They wouldn’t let me hand in the letter in person. Said to sent it by mail. Paul Dewar, the NDP MO for Ottawa Centre, saved the day. He delivered the letter on my behalf.
The letter conveys my five demands. It’s addressed to: Prime Minister Stephan Harper, Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada; Thomas Mulcair, Leader of the Official Opposition New Democratic Party; Bob Rae, Leader of Liberal Party of Canada; Louis Plamondon Leader of the bloc Québécois; Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party; all members of the House of Commons; and all members of the Senate of Canada.
In the next few days, I’ll sent the letter to all the MPs and Senators.
Special thanks to all the friends and supporters who accompanied me on the visit, particularly: Taylor, James, MaMyriah, John, Alisha, Kurtis, Miranda, and Amin
Now we wait for the response!
Recommended for you:
- Energy East: “Treaty and Aboriginal rights must be respected” - August 30, 2015
- RCMP planning mass arrests of indigenous Unist’ot’en activists under Bill C-51: Reports - August 28, 2015
- Green Party platform criticized for being “anti-feminist” - August 26, 2015
- Jack Layton would be proud of Canadians’ growing hunger for change - August 23, 2015
- Harper’s New Citizenship Act Faces Constitutional Challenge - August 20, 2015
- Energy East pipeline carries more risks than rewards for Ontario, says report - August 19, 2015
- Alberta Man Fined $543 for Displaying ‘Fuck Harper’ Sign on His Car - August 18, 2015