This journal entry covers days 10 and 11 (March 23 and 24) my indefinite hunger strike against Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Conservatives’ draconian Safe Streets and Communities Act (Bill C-10). I think I’m approaching a crucial turning point since I started the peaceful protest at 12:01am on Wednesday, March 14. Health-wise.
On Friday evening, I started feeling weak. Late on Saturday, I started experiencing mild chest pains. However, my spirits are high.
As a result of the important transition, I’m scaling back on my workload and focus on preserving my energy for the long haul ahead. Tomorrow, I hand over the bulk of the following five key functions to teams of friends and supporters: Media and PR; Actions; Outreach and Video Production
Other key developments:
- Filmed material for YouTube video
- Interviewed by reporter from Rabble.ca
- Cast the second most important vote of my life, re: NDP leadership vote
- Prepared material for Facebook event for Tuesday’s march to Parliament Hill
In the works:
• Handover of the following five key functions to teams of supporters: Media and PR; Health & Safety; Actions; Outreach and Video Production
• March to Parliament Hill: Tuesday, March 27, 2012
• Safety meeting: Monday, March 26, 2012 @ 4pm at my apartment.
Previous journal entries: