This journal entry covers days 6 and 7 (March 19 & 20) of my indefinite hunger strike against Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Conservatives’ draconian Safe Streets and Communities Act (Bill C-10). I started the peaceful protest at 12:01am on Wednesday, March 14. My key demand is the repeal of the Act in its entirety.
My injured back hurts. But my spirits are high.
- With assistance from two future media reps, created 2nd press release
- Issued 2nd press release
- Formulated initial plans for 1st march to Parliament Hill, scheduled for Tuesday, March 27
- Hammered out plans for first 12-hour solidarity hunger strike in Ottawa, tentatively scheduled for Friday, March 30
- Emailed Canadian MPs: On Day Six of Indefinite Bill C-10 Hunger Strike, Obert Madondo Addresses Canadian MPs
- Held interviews with two local journalists
- Held initial discussions with three candidates for voluntary media and PR support team
In the works:
- Interviews with a local journalists
- First march to Parliament Hill
- First 12-hour solidarity hunger strike in Ottawa