Obert Madondo’s Indefinite Canada Bill C-10 Hunger Strike: Demands
At 12:01am today, I embarked on an indefinite hunger strike against the Canadian Conservative Government’s new crime law, the deceptively christened “Safe Streets and Communities Act” (omnibus crime Bill C-10). I am an activist, progressive political blogger and Permanent Resident of Canada. This law, and many others being passed by the government, is the epitome of state abuse of power, the law and resources. My revised demands are:
- Repeal the Safe Streets and Communities Act.
- Split up Budget Bill C-38
- Scrap “Immigration Exclusion” Bill C-31
- Scrap Internet surveillance Bill C-30
- Former Ottawa Police chief, Senator Vernon White, must resign.
- National inquiry for the 600+ missing and murdered aboriginal women and girls.
I will continue the hunger strike until all the demands are fulfilled. I’ll carry out the peaceful action in my apartment here in Ottawa, and will undertake public actions, including regular visits to Parliament Hill.
Recommended for you:
Latest posts by Nehanda 1896 (see all)
- Maude Barlow: Five questions for Justin Trudeau, a year later - November 20, 2014
- 5 people who used extreme empathy to change the world - November 20, 2014
- With omnibus Bill C-43, Conservative government going after most vulnerable yet again - November 18, 2014
- Twelve national medical associations join call for Conservative government to drop reckless appeal of refugee health ruling - October 21, 2014