At 12:01am today, I embarked on an indefinite hunger strike against the Canadian Conservative Government’s new crime law, the deceptively christened “Safe Streets and Communities Act” (omnibus crime Bill C-10). I am an activist, progressive political blogger and Permanent Resident of Canada. This law, and many others being passed by the government, is the epitome of state abuse of power, the law and resources. My revised demands are:
- Repeal the Safe Streets and Communities Act.
- Split up Budget Bill C-38
- Scrap “Immigration Exclusion” Bill C-31
- Scrap Internet surveillance Bill C-30
- Former Ottawa Police chief, Senator Vernon White, must resign.
- National inquiry for the 600+ missing and murdered aboriginal women and girls.
I will continue the hunger strike until all the demands are fulfilled. I’ll carry out the peaceful action in my apartment here in Ottawa, and will undertake public actions, including regular visits to Parliament Hill.
Latest posts by TCP (see all)
- Where Oil Meets Water: Energy East an unacceptable risk to waterways - August 19, 2014
- New report chronicles regulatory failures behind Lac-Mégantic - August 18, 2014
- Sona robocall verdict doesn’t close book on 2011 election fraud: Issue will be back in court with “Fair” Elections Act legal challenge - August 18, 2014