A new survey of the global capitals of business opportunities, culture, livability, and innovation by PriceWaterhouseCoopers ranks Toronto 2nd out of 26 cities around the world, right behind New York. But Canada’s largest city didn’t just take second place.
Toronto beat the heavyweight global cities – Paris, London, Stockholm, Sydney, San Francisco, among others.
The high ranking is a tentative invitation to the thrown. Here are a few things we Torontonians should do to make Toronto a more global city, and take the thrown the next time around:
- make the city’s politics, economics, etc, more progressive and inclusive
- boost funding to city’s cultural programs
- improve the city’s quality of life
- nurture the city’s diverse human capital
- improve the public transit system
- reduce the gap between rich and poor
- put more taxi cabs on the streets
- think big and global
- Celebrate the best thing we offer to the world: ethnic diversity.